What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a Christian caring ministry through which those who are experiencing a difficult time can receive the love and care they need to support them. Having a Stephen Minister to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. Stephen Ministry provides one-on-one confidential, distinctively Christian care.
Who Might be Helped by a Stephen Minister?
People who are:
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Coping with divorce or separation
- Expecting or adopting
- Facing death, as well as families of those who are terminally ill
- Experiencing the loss of a job, or financial setback
- Struggling with their faith in God
- Depressed or discouraged
- Home-bound or institutionalized
- New to the church/community
- Victims of a disaster or accident
- Facing a life transition
- And people facing any other crisis or life change or who are going through a difficult time
A Stephen Minister Is…
- A caring Christian who really listens.
- A member of Carmichael Presbyterian Church who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs.
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep every thing you say, and your identity, confidential.
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is Not…
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores
- A casual visitor
How to Contact Stephen Ministry:
For referral to a Stephen Minister, please call the CPC Stephen Ministry Referral Line at (916) 486-0604, and press 2 at the prompt.
You may also contact the church office at (916) 486-9081, or the Pastoral staff.
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”