DURING THE COVID-19 HEALTH CRISIS, WE HAVE MODIFIED FOOD CLOSET OPERATIONS.
• You must call 916-483-9232 between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon to request food. The Carmichael Food Closet is open Monday-Friday, except holidays.
• Pick up food between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the day you call. When you drive up to the Food Closet, you will be asked for your family name. Then you may roll up your windows and open your trunk (or back seat). Volunteers will place your food in your vehicle.
• Please maintain proper social distancing for the safety of Food Closet clients and volunteers.
• The Food Closet is thoroughly sanitized daily and volunteers wear masks and gloves.
• We are an emergency food closet with limited resources. In order to serve as many as possible, we provide food for a short period of time.
For additional assistance, we suggest you call the Sacramento Infoline at 211 or 916-498-1000 or go to www.211sacramento.org. They can give you information for food closets and other resources in the Sacramento area.